For assistance with logging into your Control Panel via your 'My Account' area, please go here.
This tutorial will help you set up your email account manually. There are two main sections in this process: retrieving mail client settings and setting up POP / IMAP email account on iPhone.
To retrieve Mail Client Settings in cPanel, please
- Log into your Control Panel (cPanel).
- In the Control Panel dashboard, under 'Email' section, click on 'Email Accounts'.
- In the next page, click the 'Email Accounts' tab.
- Locate the email account you want to add on your iPhone from the table then click the corresponding 'Connect Devices' link.
- Scroll down to 'Mail Client Manual Settings' section and look at the blue box on the left side named 'Secure SSL/TLS Settings'. Take note of the settings as you'll be copying these to your iPhone later on.
- If you want to send the instructions to an email address, scroll down to 'Email Instructions' section, enter the preferred email address and click 'Send.'
To set up a POP / IMAP email account on your iPhone, please
NOTE: The following steps apply to devices with IOS 12.0 installed.
Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Navigate to 'Settings' then 'Passwords & Accounts' or 'Accounts & Passwords', whichever is applicable.
- Under 'Accounts', tap 'Add Account'.
- In the next screen, select 'Other' and then 'Add Mail Account'.
- Provide the following account details:
- Press 'Next'. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup.
- If Mail finds your email settings, tap 'Done' to complete your account setup.
- If Mail is unable to find your email settings, continue to the next step.
- Select the server type: IMAP or POP
- Under 'Incoming Mail Server' section, press 'Host Name' and enter the name of the incoming server. Generally this is mail.yourdomain.com
- For the username field, please enter your full email address.
- For the password field, enter the password of this email account.
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Moving on to 'Outgoing Mail Server' section, tap 'Host Name'. Generally this is mail.yourdomain.com
- Enter the username and password in the next fields provided as per your incoming settings.
- Press 'Save'. You'll be back to the 'Passwords & Accounts' or 'Accounts & Passwords screen.
SMTP and Advanced Settings
- Click your newly-created email account under 'Accounts' section.
- Press 'SMTP' then press the field below 'Primary Server'.
- Ensure that the 'Use SSL' button is set to green (ON) and 'Authentication' is set to 'Password'.
- Tap 'Server Port' and enter port 465.
- Press 'Done' then press the top left arrow.
- Press 'Advanced' then ensure that the 'Use SSL' button is set to green (ON) and 'Authentication' is set to 'Password'.
- Tap 'Server Port' and enter the port number depending on the server type:
- POP - Enter port 995
- IMAP - Enter port 993
- Press the top left arrow then press 'Done'.
Fetch New Data Settings
- To configure the settings for retrieval of new email, tap 'Fetch New Data' in the 'Passwords & Accounts' or 'Accounts & Passwords screen.
- Set 'Push' button to green (ON). Enabling this setting allows receiving an email as it arrives at your email server in real time, but this might affect battery life as it requires more power.
- If you don't want to use 'Push', toggle the 'Push' button to off. Then under 'Fetch' section, tap 'Automatically'. Press the required email account and follow the instructions on the screen to select settings for the specific account.
- Return to the home screen.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up a POP / IMAP email account on your iPhone.
Posting has been disabled.