For assistance with logging into your Control Panel via your 'My Account' area, please go here.
To set up domain redirects in cPanel, please
- Log into your Control Panel (cPanel).
- In the Control Panel dashboard, under 'Domains' section, click on 'Redirects'.
- To add a redirect, start off by selecting a redirection type from the 'Type' dropdown menu.
- Permanent (301) - This option notifies the visitor’s browser to update its records.
- Temporary (302) - This option does not update the visitor’s bookmarks.
- In the next field, select the domain from the menu, or select '**All Public Domains**' to redirect all of the domains that your cPanel account controls.
- If you want to redirect a single page or directory, in the field with a forward slash (/), enter the name of the folder or file such as info.php.
- In the 'Redirects to' text box, enter the full URL where you want visitors to be redirected to.
- In the 'www. redirection' section, select how you want to handle 'www' redirects:
- Only redirect with www. - This option only redirects visitors who enter the www. prefix before the domain name part of the URL.
- Redirect with or without www. - This option redirects all users, regardless of whether the visitor enters the www. prefix before the domain name part of the URL.
- Do Not Redirect www. - This option does not redirect users who enter the www. prefix before the the domain name part of the URL.
- Check 'Wild Card Redirect' option if you wish to redirect all files within a directory to the same filename in the new directory. For example, if you enable the 'Wild Card Redirect' option and example1.com redirects to example.com, then a visitor who tries to access the http://example1.com/pic.jpg URL redirects to the http://example.com/pic.jpg URL.
- Click 'Add' button to save.
- To test the redirect, scroll down to the 'Current Redirects' section and click any link under 'Directory' column of the table. If you properly configured the redirect, the system directs you to the original domain.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up domain redirects in cPanel.
Posting has been disabled.