For assistance with logging into your Control Panel via your 'My Account' area, please go here.
To create and download a cPanel backup, please
- Log into your Control Panel (cPanel).
- In the Control Panel dashboard, under 'Files' section, click on 'Backup'.
- Select from the three types of backup: Full Backup, Account Backups, Partial Backups
- Click 'Download a Full Web Site Backup' to create, download, or store a full backup file. A full backup file includes your /home directory, databases, email forwarders, and filters.
- On the next page, select from the dropdown the backup destination:
- Home Directory - Select this option to save the backup file on the server.
- Remote FTP Server - Select this option to use FTP to store the backup file on a remote server.
- Remote FTP Server (Passive Mode Transfer) - Select this option to use passive FTP to store the backup file on a remote server.
- SCP - Select this option to use secure copy protocol (SCP) to store the backup file on a remote server.
- Select whether or not you wish to receive an email notification once the backup is complete.
- To receive a notification, enter your email address in the text box.
- If you do not wish to receive a notification, select 'Do not send email notification of backup completion'.
- If you selected Remote FTP Server, Remote FTP Server (Passive Mode Transfer), or SCP from the Backup Destination dropdown menu, enter the remote destination's information in the available text boxes.
- Click 'Generate Backup' to begin the backup process.
- Select an existing backup file from the 'Account Backups' dropdown menu. This allows downloading an existing full backup file to your computer.
- Click 'Download' to proceed.
This type of backup allows downloading specific sections of your account.
- To download your Home Directory Backup, click the 'Home Directory' button.
- Click any MySQL database, email forwarder, or email filter name you prefer on each respective section to download them.
Congratulations! You have successfully created and downloaded a cPanel backup.
Posting has been disabled.